Enjoying the holidays does not have to mean higher energy bills.
First, switch to us for lower rates and:
– Use energy efficient LED bulbs. LED bulbs last longer, require less energy and lead to cost savings.
– Put outdoor lights on a timer to save electricity.
– Keep the thermostat set to 68 degrees.
– When traveling, set the thermostat to 55 degrees to save energy and prevent water pipes from freezing.
And when decorating this holiday season follow these tips.
– Check strands of holiday bulbs and discard strands of lights that have damaged cords.
– Use the correct type of bulbs for indoor and outdoor use. Make sure to plug bulbs into a power strip with a built-in circuit breaker.
– When shopping for a live tree, look for a fresh one. Dry trees are a greater fire hazard than fresh ones.
– When using an artificial tree, make sure it is flame-resistant.
– Do not place a tree near the fireplace, heat vents or portable heaters and use nonflammable ornaments to decorate the tree.